Thank you for having my back. It’s a simple phrase, but it means so much. It’s hard to express how much it means to know that someone has your back. It means they will put themselves in harm’s way to protect you. It means they’ll be there if you need them.
I’m sure many of us have experienced this with our families, friends, and colleagues throughout our lives. But I think it’s safe to say that we can all use a little more support and love in our lives — especially during these tumultuous times.
In today’s world, we often feel like we’re alone: We’re bombarded with negative news stories about violence, crime, and terrorism; we see images on social media of people being attacked or worse; we hear about bullying at school, and we encounter many people who seem eager to tear others down instead of building each other up.
This is why it’s so important that we pay attention when someone says “thank you for having my back.” And when someone says it to us, we should remember what they’ve done for us because they may not always be there when we really need them (and vice versa).
There are a lot of people who have my back. They don’t always agree with what I do, but they know I’m trying to do the right thing. And no matter how much they disagree with me, they’re willing to stand up for me when it counts.
That’s the kind of support that makes a difference. Here are ways to appreciate them.
- I’m not sure how to say this without sounding too cheesy, but I’m grateful to be alive and have you in my life.
- I know I’m a pain in the ass sometimes and it’s hard for me to express my feelings in a concise manner. But I just wanted to let you know that when we’re together, everything feels better.
- You’re always there for me when I need someone to talk to or vent to. You’re the only person who can make me feel better when I’m down, and I love you so much for that.
- I don’t know where we’ll be five years from now or even one year from now, but I do know that our friendship will last forever because you’re special to me and I don’t want anyone else but you by my side no matter what happens in life because without you, there is no me.
- Thank you for having my back. You know how hard it is to find someone who will have your back. There are so many people out there who put their needs before yours, or they are just plain unreliable. You’re a rare gem and I really appreciate you. I hope you know how much I appreciate you, too.
- Thank you for having my back. I was sitting in the back of a car, going somewhere I didn’t want to go. The only thing keeping me from crying was the fact that I had to be strong for my brother. He was in the front seat with his head down, staring at his phone and looking miserable. I knew he was embarrassed, but I wanted him to know that he wasn’t alone.
- You have no idea how much I appreciate you. You’re a fantastic friend, and I’m so grateful to have you in my life.
- You’ve always been there for me, no matter what. You’ve helped me out of sticky situations, listened when I needed to talk, and made me laugh when I was feeling down. And no matter what happens in the future, I’ll always be grateful for that.
- The world could use more people like you — kindhearted souls who never hesitate to lend a helping hand or shoulder to cry on. Thank you for being one of those people!
- Thank you for having my back. Thank you for supporting me, encouraging me, and trusting me.
- I know that it’s not easy to back someone up 100% of the time — especially when they’re making mistakes or falling short. But thanks for being there for me anyway.
- You’re one of the few people who know me well enough to be there through thick and thin, rain or shine. Thanks for making sure I never feel alone — and giving me a place to come home after a long day at work.
- A lot of times, we take people for granted because we assume they’ll always be around for us no matter what happens. But it’s important to remember that we need to show our appreciation for them too — especially when they really are having our backs 100%.
- I want to thank you for having my back. I know it isn’t easy. It’s not easy for me either, but I’m trying to improve.
- I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in a situation where someone has been called out for saying something racist or sexist, and the response from their friends is “I don’t think they’re like that.” Or “They’re a good person.”
- I know you believe that because you love them, but it doesn’t make them less racist or sexist. You can love someone and still be racist or sexist. It doesn’t mean that you’re bad person, but it does mean that we have work to do together on this front.
- it’s rare to find people with your back. You’ve probably had some experience of this if you’ve worked in a team or organization or even just been part of a social group. It’s the feeling that there are people around you who will support and help you achieve your goals and that they’ll be there when things get tough. It’s a feeling of belonging, of being part of something bigger than yourself.
- When we feel like we’re getting support like this, it can make us feel more confident and able to take on challenges. It also helps us get through difficult times when things aren’t going well. We know we can rely on our friends and colleagues for encouragement and support, so we’re less likely to give up or give in when things get tough.
- If you’re lucky enough to have someone who has your back at work – or even just at home – then you’re one of the few!
- If someone gives up their seat on the subway so that you don’t have to stand…
- If someone listens patiently while you vent about all the problems in your
- Dear Friend, I’m so glad you’re here. Thank you for your support and understanding.
- I’m writing to let you know that I am in the process of writing a book, and I would love to include you in my special email list, where I will be sending updates about the book’s progress as well as other inspirational content that relates to the topics covered in this book.
- It’s important to know that you have support. Thanks for having my back. I’m here for you, too.
- You’re the best! I appreciate all your hard work. Thanks for taking care of me when I needed help.
- I want to thank you for having my back. You’ve always been there when I needed you most. When I was at my lowest, you were there to lift me up. When I was sad, you were there to make me smile. When I was angry, you were there to calm me down. You listened when no one else would and you comforted me when I felt like no one else cared.
- You were the shoulder I cried on when no one else would listen and you were the friend who showed up when everyone else had left. You stood by my side through thick and thin and made sure that I was okay even when things got rough. You proved that not all people are out to get us and that there’s still good in this world!
- I don’t know what I would have done without your support throughout these years but I’m glad that we never had to find out because we’re still here today!
- I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your support. A few months ago, I decided to get serious about my fitness. I joined a gym and got a trainer. While I’m not going to say it was easy, the results were worth it. And I know that without your help, this wouldn’t have been possible. I know you didn’t make me do anything or force me into anything, but somehow you knew exactly what I needed to hear at the right time — whether it was encouragement or a reality check — to keep me motivated and on track. It may sound cliche, but you really did have my back throughout this whole process. And for that, I am truly grateful!
- I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when I saw a man being robbed at gunpoint.
- I didn’t think twice about it. I ran over, pulled out my pepper spray and sprayed the robber in the face. The robber dropped his gun and ran away.
- The man whose life I saved was grateful. He thanked me for having his back and giving him a second chance at life.
- I was happy to help someone in need — it’s what any decent person would do — but what struck me most was how much he appreciated my efforts and how grateful he was that I had his back when he needed it most.
- I’m grateful to have you in my life. You’re such an important person to me, and I appreciate all that you do for me.
- I know it may not always seem like it, but I am grateful for every moment we share together. From the time we spend having fun or doing things together to the times when you’re helping me through a difficult situation or just listening to me venting about something that happened during the day, I appreciate everything about our friendship.
- You’re a great friend and I’m lucky to have found someone as caring as you are. It’s because of your love and support that I’m able to be myself around you and feel comfortable enough to share my thoughts with you without worrying about how they might be perceived by others.
- I want you to know how much your friendship means to me and how much I value what we have together because it’s really special!
- Thanks for having my back. I’m so grateful for you. You’re always there to support me, no matter what. You’re a good friend, and I’m thankful that you’re in my life.
- It’s not easy being a parent, especially when it comes to raising kids with special needs. My child has autism, and every day is different. Some days are better than others, but I couldn’t do it without your support and encouragement. Thanks so much for being there for me during this tough time!
- You’re a great friend! I’ve been so busy lately, I haven’t had time to catch up with you. But I’m looking forward to our next get-together.
- Thanks for having my back during this stressful time. You’re the best!
- I want to thank you for having my back. I know it’s not easy being the person who stands behind me and supports me through thick and thin, but I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do.
- I’m not sure how I would have made it through life without you by my side. You’ve always been there when I needed you most, and even when I didn’t realize that’s what I needed. In a time of crisis or confusion, I know that you will be there with an encouraging word or an open ear if necessary.
- You’re always willing to listen to my problems and help me find solutions — even if those solutions aren’t always the ones that I hope for! You’re always ready to lend an ear when needed or give me some advice when asked for it.
- I feel like we’ve grown up together over the years, and although we may not see eye-to-eye on everything, we always manage to work things out in the end because we both care about each other so much.
- I want to thank you for having my back. It was a pretty rough week for me, with all the work I had to do and all the things that happened. And yet, you were there for me every step of the way. You were there when I needed to vent when I needed help with my work, and even when I needed a good laugh.
- Thank you for being so supportive. Thank you for being my friend. I’m thankful for the people in my life who have had my back, even when I didn’t think I needed it. The times when I was down and out and couldn’t see a way out of what I was going through, but they were there for me anyway.
- I’m thankful for the people who have stood by me when I’ve been wrong. And even when it was hard to do so, they were true to themselves and called me out on my shit.
- I’m thankful for those who have seen me at my worst and still loved me. Even though I was miserable and not fun to be around, they stuck by me anyway.
- I’m grateful for the people who have pushed me forward when all I wanted to do was stay put or go back to bed. They made me get up when all I wanted to do was stay down.